Data Breach Investigation
Comcast Xfinity: Data Breach Investigation
According to various sources, Comcast Xfinity recently detected suspicious activity within its systems and, upon further investigation, appears to have determined that an unauthorized actor impacted certain Comcast Xfinity users’ functionality. Specifically, starting on December 19, 2022, many Comcast Xfinity users began receiving notifications that their account information had been changed. It has since been reported that, during that period of access, the accounts of a large number of people was involved in this apparent network hack, but it is currently unknown how many individuals have had their information used for criminal purposes. Indeed, our experience tells us that the full impact of Comcast Xfinity data breach may not be known for months or even years. Shockingly, the company has apparently not yet started to formally notify individuals of the incident but may be sending out notices as further information arises.
If you receive or have received notice of a Comcast data breach and/or have transacted in any way with Comcast Xfinity, your information may now be in the hands of cybercriminals, making your urgent attention to this situation very important.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU RECEIVED NOTICE OF THE COMCAST XFINITY DATA BREACH?
Take action. Get a free, confidential consultation with one of our experienced attorneys to learn about your rights and legal remedies in response to this data breach by contacting Cole & Van Note at (510) 891-9800, emailing us at email@example.com or submitting a Request for Information. Participating in this investigation and/or submitting your claim for financial compensation is extremely time sensitive, so please act now. Getting paid for your involvement with this cyber-security breach is a lot easier than you may think.
For more information about this or other data breaches, visit our frequently updated DATA BREACH CENTER and then contact us. For 30 years, our lawyers have been helping people just like you get paid when their rights were violated. Our team is approachable, knowledgeable and happy to walk you through the claims process quickly.
IF YOU WERE IMPACTED BY A DATA BREACH, YOU SHOULD CONSIDER TAKING THE FOLLOWING STEPS TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- Review the breach notice you received and retain a copy
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring service provided by the breached company
- Change your passwords and security questions for related online accounts
- Review account statements and credit reports for signs of fraud or identity theft
- Contact a credit bureau to request a temporary fraud alert
We can help you with these precautions, and then help get you paid. There are tens of millions of Americans who suffer from data privacy events every year, and in turn, seek legal action for compensation and to hold companies accountable for negligent security systems.
A FINAL NOTE ABOUT OUR SERVICES:
We do not charge you. If we get paid for our services (i.e., only if we successfully get you a financial recovery), the company you sue pays us. Additionally:
(1) We have an exceptional track record.
(2) Our job is to demystify the legal process for you and design a plan of action to get you paid ASAP.
(3) We make submitting your claims for compensation as simple as possible.
(4) We are very aggressive and tactical advocates. You simply won’t find better negotiators for your claim.
(5) We are extremely approachable by our clients. Someone is always available to assist you.
Other sources of information:
1. Check if your email has been hacked
2. HIPAA Journal
3. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights