Data Breach Lawsuit
Rackspace: Data Breach Lawsuit
In early December 2022, Rackspace Technology detected suspicious activity within its information network (described as a “security incident”) and, upon further investigation, has taken down some of its hosted Microsoft Exchange services. The company’s incident report first noted, on December 3, 2022, that:
“On Friday, Dec 2, 2022, we became aware of an issue impacting our Hosted Exchange environment. We proactively powered down and disconnected the Hosted Exchange environment while we triaged to understand the extent and the severity of the impact. After further analysis, we have determined that this is a security incident.” The incident is further described as “isolated to a portion of our Hosted Exchange platform.” From the inception of this event, Rackspace had no idea when it would be able to restore its service to those impacted by the security incident.
The incident was first described by Rackspace as “connectivity and login issues,” but was later upgraded to a “security Incident” and then to a “ransomware” attack. At present, thousands of Rackspace customers are still without email service with no good options available. Needless to say, this incident is unprecedented.
If you received notice of this alarming incident (possible data breach) and/or have transacted in any way with the Rackspace, your access to needed information may be adversely impacted and/or your information may now be in the hands of cybercriminals, making your urgent attention to this situation very important.
UPDATE: Click here to read the amended Complaint we filed.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU RECEIVED NOTICE OF THE RACKSPACE DATA ACCESS/BREACH INCIDENT?
Take action. Get a free, confidential consultation with one of our experienced attorneys to learn about your rights and legal remedies in response to this data breach by contacting Cole & Van Note at (510) 891-9800, emailing us at email@example.com or submitting a Request for Information. Participating in this lawsuit and/or submitting your claim for financial compensation is extremely time sensitive, so please act now. Getting paid for your involvement with this cyber-security breach is a lot easier than you may think.
For more information about this or other data breaches, visit our frequently updated DATA BREACH CENTER and then contact us. For over 30 years, our lawyers have been helping people just like you get paid when their rights were violated. Our team is approachable, knowledgeable and happy to walk you through the claims process quickly.
IF YOU WERE IMPACTED BY A DATA BREACH, YOU SHOULD CONSIDER TAKING THE FOLLOWING STEPS TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- Review the breach notice you received and retain a copy
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring service provided by the breached company
- Change your passwords and security questions for related online accounts
- Review account statements and credit reports for signs of fraud or identity theft
- Contact a credit bureau to request a temporary fraud alert
We can help you with these precautions, and then help get you paid. There are tens of millions of Americans who suffer from data privacy events every year, and in turn, seek legal action for compensation and to hold companies accountable for negligent security systems.
A FINAL NOTE ABOUT OUR SERVICES:
We do not charge you. If we get paid for our services (i.e., only if we successfully get you a financial recovery), the company you sue pays us. Additionally:
(1) We have an exceptional track record.
(2) Our job is to demystify the legal process for you and design a plan of action to get you paid ASAP.
(3) We make submitting your claims for compensation as simple as possible.
(4) We are very aggressive and tactical advocates. You simply won’t find better negotiators for your claim.
(5) We are extremely approachable by our clients. Someone is always available to assist you.
Other sources of information:
1. Check if your email has been hacked
2. HIPAA Journal
3. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights